HERITAGE

Background_Heritage

Here is a brief look back at the heritage of Immanuel Bible Church, which was founded by Cecil Dye, one of five missionaries martyred in Bolivia.

1937 – Pastor Cecil Dye and other believers founded the Fifth Avenue Bible Church.
1938 – The Haven of Rest Chapel radio program began.
1939 – Land was purchased at Congress and Lewis (Mason). The portable building being used was referred to as the Saginaw Bible Tabernacle.
1940 – The Cloud Club was formed for missions and evangelism emphasis.CecilDye
1942 – Pastor Dye resigned to depart for Bolivia with his family and others to reach tribal people for Christ. Five missionaries were martyred, including Pastor Dye. The New Tribes Mission was born.
1951 – The name was changed to Congress Avenue Bible Church.
1956 – The tabernacle was demolished. The cornerstone was laid for a permanent structure and renamed Immanuel Baptist Church.
1961 – Basement additions were built.
1966 – Auditorium side sections were added to the building.
2004 – Center Road land was purchased; and a new facility construction was begun. The church body was renamed Immanuel Bible Church.
2005 – First phase of the building on Center Road was dedicated.

Read God Planted Five Seeds for more about the New Tribes missionaries who were martyred.

5Seeds